Saturday 18 October 2014

No Excuses

Where have I been?

The hawk eyed among you will notice I haven't posted on this blog in two years. TWO YEARS. I've not completely disappeared from the blogging world and have actively kept reading and commenting on blogs and twitter but I shut my own blog down.

Why? Lots of reasons. I'm 20 now and I went through some huge changes, one of which was a break up of a 5 year relationship. An earth shattering, heart breaking, break up. The kind that takes a lot of time and tears to heal from. I needed to work on enjoying my new single life (which I now love!) and learning how to go from an 'us' to a 'me'. If you've been through this before you'll know what I mean.

Another reason, I went to uni and got my BA degree in Communications & PR and got swamped by uni work, real work and alcohol. In no particular order. If I'm being honest, I got lazy. I let life get in the way and I changed my priorities, I don't regret that. It's what I needed at the time and I'm now more happy and self aware than before.

One huge change, the biggest in my life, is that I moved to AUSTRALIA. Sydney to be exact. I did this alone. By myself. Sometimes I can't believe I got the balls to do that (The 17 year old, long term relationship girl who started this blog wouldn't have dreamed!) I now live in one of the most beautiful and diverse cities in the world and work in PR & Events. I am that girl. The one I was meant to be and the one I didn't know I wanted to be. I am the girl who go's for what she wants, seizes opportunities and moved abroad alone. Wow.

So this blog is finally going to be me. I used to feel pressure to write posts and for them to fit in a certain blogger box or what was right and wrong. Now, I'm going to write about the things I want and hope you enjoy them too. This is a hobby and something I love and I'm so glad to be back.

I've deleted a loooot of my earlier posts. About 30 to be exact. They were young and cringey and I had to get rid of them but I kept a few. I kept them because although they are embarrassing and naive and teenagery they are mine and at the time I was so proud of them. I'm a different person now but the excited for life girl is still tucked away inside me and these posts are a nice reminder. If you're new here have a look.

So.. I'm in Sydney. I have a degree and a career. I'm single and I'm happy. A lot has changed since we last spoke. What have you been up to?

Follow me on my social media links at the side to keep up to date with the best things Sydney has to offer and let me know what posts you want to see coming up!

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment

So.. what do you think? I love hearing your opinions on my post.